Renurg Productions’ first project is the production of Mommy’s Mask for the 2014 Hamilton Fringe that takes place in the second half of July. However, our second project is a collection of one-act plays by Peter Gruner and should be available just before the Fringe starts. Sometimes second comes in first…
The Collection of plays is called “Laund-o-Mat at the End of the World and Other Fringe Favourites”. The three plays in the collection are:
Laund-O-Mat at the End of the World
- Brian is convinced that it is the last night of the world. There won’t be a tomorrow; but he’s got nothing better to do, so he’s doing his laundry. Carmella, on the other hand, believes nothing of the sort. It’s Friday night. Laundry night. Over soap and sarcasm, two strangers grapple over the relevance of love and family, God and miracles, coincidence and fate, spelling and the end of the world.
- Part of the Freshwater Pearls series at the Pearl Company
- Best in Venue (HTI) at the 2009 Hamilton Fringe Festival
- Part of Theatre Aquarius’ Best of Fringe 2009 (Stagewrite Series)
- Feedback from The Hamilton Spectator: “part morality play, part cautionary tale, part love story…this is a gem.”
- Take a cantankerous mother who wants to pass on the secret family recipe to her daughter and a guilt-ridden daughter who wants to mend her relationship with her mother. Add past hurts and an uncertain future. Sprinkle in some tears and laughter. And you get the makings of Minced.
- Second runner up in the Hamilton Fringe Playwriting Contest
- Ontario Arts Council supported reading
- Best of Hamilton Fringe 2011
- Feedback from The View Magazine: “Peter Gruner has created a lovely little one-act play about a mother and daughter’s peppery relationship… Not to be missed.”
- When your child is abducted, how do you keep up your hope when there are no answers? What becomes your new normal? Mommy’s Mask explores the journey of Kathy and Tom as they try to live with their daughter’s disappearance.
- Winner of the 2014 Hamilton Fringe Playwriting Contest